Start-Stop technology can provide up to a 10% increase in fuel
economy and all OEM’s are using it or will soon.
This topic will show how the technology works, what normal operation
of the major components look like and provides a diagnostic process. If
you suspect you have a problem with a certain part of Start-Stop you
can rely on information in this class to guide you.
• 3 Types of Start-Stop systems (Two Battery, Power Supply Transformer
and Ultra-Capacitor designs)
• Battery Management Systems
• Battery State of Charge, Health and Diagnostics
• Battery Calibration & Relearns
• Dual Battery Control Module testing
• Conditions/criteria to work or not work
• Lists of all the modules involved for each system
• Denso Tandem Solenoid Starter
Pinion gear mesh…”Spin then in”
• Scan data charts or cheat sheets
Start-Stop has a lot of things that happen in the background. This class
will get you familiar with it and give you a diagnostic process to use.