Using case studies of repaired vehicles & actual part cutaways this
class demonstrates how VVT systems work, what kinds of problems
they have, and what can cause these systems to set codes.
The focus is a diagnostic routine that provides a flow of testing steps
with technician checkpoints along the way.
• Types of VVT systems
• Using scan data first
• Correlation and performance codes
• Finding problems without disassembly
• Case studies for mechanical problems, control
problems, oil problems & electrical problems
• Cheat sheets for successful scope setups
• Testing phasers, actuators & solenoids
• What to do when codes return
• Useful specifications
• Flow of diagnostics chart that guides you to what to do next
Technicians need a trusted process they can rely on to uncover VVT
problems & the routine highlighted will lead you to a successful conclusion
for Asian & Domestic vehicles.